Friday, December 5, 2008

Rocky Patel


In the midst of this crazy global financial meltdown, there is one guy who is growing his business - literally. His name is Rocky Patel, an amazing guy that I met about a month ago. He travels the country promoting his premium cigars. He was a lawyer who got tired of reading paper, so he decided to go into a business that burns, very smoothly.

I was talking to David of Milan Tobacconists the other day http://www.milantobacco.com
who told me that Rocky is now the fifth largest cigar seller in the country. You have to check out his website http://www.rockypatel.com. You gotta love the open..very Vegas meets Cuba. There you can see the Rock wandering through his tobacco fields. He invited me to come visit his factory, which I may do (if the gods, and my wife allow me to). Anyway, I just picked up his premium Decade cigar which I'll review here after I fire that baby up.

Here is Rocky telling us about it.



I won it from my cigar purveyor Poochie who is an avid Redskins fan (and who sillily bet against the Giants). If you like lighter cigars, try the Connecticut vintage 1999 cigar...smooth as silk. For a darker, richer, deep cigar go for the 1992 version. Anyway, gotta go and light up.

--john anderson

1 comment:

Martin said...

In all honesty: I love my Rocky P's. For me it is the Rocky Patel Sun Grown Junior. The taste and the draw is great and they are not that expensive. Really good to enjoy myself.